64th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best Alternative Music Album
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 64th GRAMMY Awards
"A song has a life of its own. It's an autonomous thing, separate from your own experience, almost."
- Born Anne Erin Clark Sept. 28, 1982, in Tulsa, Oklahoma
- St. Vincent’s third studio album, 2011’s Strange Mercy, peaked at No. 19 on the Billboard 200, her first to break into the Top 20.
- She won her first career GRAMMY for 2014 for Best Alternative Music Album for St. Vincent.
- St. Vincent — born Annie Clark — made her first guitar out of rubber bands and cardboard at age 5. In 2016 she debuted a signature guitar with Ernie Ball Music Man.
- In 2014 the singer/songwriter participated in an installment of The Drop at the GRAMMY Museum, discussing her songwriting process and performing live.
- St. Vincent performed at the 2015 the Bridge School Benefit, a fundraiser for Neil Young's Bridge School, which assists children with physical and speech impairments.