64th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
I Get A Kick Out Of You
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 64th GRAMMY Awards
"You have to be unique, and different, and shine in your own way."
- Born Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta on March 28, 1986, in New York City, New York
- Lady Gaga's debut album, 2008's The Fame, reached No. 2 on the Billboard 200. The album featured a pair of No. 1 singles: "Just Dance" and "Poker Face."
- Gaga won her first two GRAMMYs at the 52nd GRAMMY Awards for Best Dance Recording ("Poker Face") and Best Dance/Electronic Album (The Fame). She also made her first performance appearance on the GRAMMY stage that same year, singing a medley that included "Poker Face" and "Speechless" and "Your Song" in a duet with Elton John.
- Did you know? As a teenager, Lady Gaga honed her singing by working with vocal coach Don Lawrence.
- Gaga covered "You've Got A Friend" at the 2014 MusiCares Person of the Year tribute gala honoring Carole King. In 2016 the GRAMMY Museum honored her with the Jane Ortner Artist Award for her support for the arts and music education.
- In 2011 Lady Gaga founded the Born This Way Foundation, an organization committed to supporting the wellness of young people.