60th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Best New Artist
How Far I'll Go (From "Moana"/Alessia Cara Version)
View All Nominations For This Artist
Through the 64th GRAMMY Awards
"Success is when you see something, and you say, 'I want to do that,' and then you do it."
- Born Alessia Caracciolo July 11, 1996, in Brampton, Ontario, Canada.
- Alessia Cara broke through with her 2016 hit "Here," which peaked at No. 5 on the Billboard Hot 100. She followed with two additional Top 10 hits: "Stay" (No. 7) and "Scars To Your Beautiful (No. 8).
- Cara earned her first career GRAMMY nominations at the 60th GRAMMY Awards for Best New Artist, Song Of The Year and Best Music Video for Logic's "1-800-273-8255," also featuring Khalid, and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance for "Stay" with Zedd.
- Did you know? Cara got her start in music at 13 by creating her own YouTube channel, which featured covers of songs by artists such as Sam Smith, Amy Winehouse and Beyoncé.
- Cara has supported a number of causes, including participating in women empowerment day WE Day California, performing for children at SickKids hospital in Toronto and I AM THAT GIRL, a national movement that works to inspire girls to be who they are.