- GRAMMY Live
(The Recording Academy has formed the GRAMMY Glam Squad, a diverse group of online influencers who will lead the discussion on beauty, fashion and lifestyle during GRAMMY Week in February. The squad will provide exclusive VIP access to select events, including the highly anticipated red carpet for the 54th Annual GRAMMY Awards. Stay tuned here for more tips on how to be inspired, be connected and be noticed.)
I will never underestimate the importance of having great skin. Have you ever awakened with a breakout on the morning of a special day and been devastated? Or, on the other side, have you ever deeply admired someone because of their amazingly flawless skin?
Believe it or not, skin is the largest organ in our body and it’s the ultimate reflection of what’s going on inside our body and our lifestyle. If you don’t eat healthy and are under a lot of stress, chances are your skin will reflect this. Our skin gives it all away and we all strive for healthy skin to show the world who we are.
Here are ways that you can give yourself a competitive advantage in the area of beautiful and glowing skin:
• Use the right products. Find products that actually match your skin type and don’t use products that are too harsh. Your skin type can change over time. For years you may have used products for oily skin. However, due to environmental and other factors, you may have dry skin now, and those products cannot do your skin justice anymore.
• Maintain a healthy diet. Eating junk food or foods that are highly processed will eventually lead to breakouts. Fresh fruits and vegetables contain vitamins that will positively affect your entire body and are a safe bet for clear and glowing skin.
• Exfoliate. The benefits of exfoliating your skin on a regular basis are a clear, fresh and brighter complexion. By removing the outer layer of mostly dead epidermal cells, fresher cells are exposed, leaving you with brighter skin. Be careful not to over do it! There are many amazing products out there that can help you achieve great results. Using a great shaving cream can leave your skin soft, smooth, exfoliated, and fresh!
• Take time to relax. I personally like to practice yoga to clear my mind and tone my body. Even if you have a busy schedule, make sure you dedicate a part of your day to “me” time. This will help you stay centered and relaxed and therefore less stressed. This will ultimately lead to healthier skin.
• Drink water! Water helps to clean your body from the inside. Remember, skin is your largest organ, so keeping it hydrated is vital to its appearance.
I hope this helps!
What are your favorite tips and tricks for healthy skin? Let me know by commenting below. And check back soon for more tips on beauty, fashion and lifestyle from my fellow GRAMMY Glam Squad members, and don't forget to catch all the glitz and glamour yourself by tuning in to the 54th Annual GRAMMY Awards, live from Staples Center in Los Angeles on Sunday, Feb. 12 on CBS at 8 p.m. ET/PT.